Leicestershire and Rutland Cricket Ltd. would like to congratulate all of the 2012 County OSCA winners as well as thank the volunteers who nominated them. The Outstanding Service to Cricket Awards are used to recognise and reward the contribution and commitment of volunteers. In a difficult season due to the issue’s with the weather, it was great for volunteers to take the time to send in some fantastic nominations.
The winners of the 7 categories were as follows;
- Behind the Scenes – Carl Sutton (Kegworth CC)
- Officiating – John Edmonds (Leicestershire and Rutland ACO)
- Building Partnerships – Lucy Hobbs (Bowden CC)
- Leagues and Boards – Barry Hibberd (Leicestershire Youth Cricket League)
- NatWest CricketForce – Duncan Maccoll from South Leicestershire College
- Young Volunteer – Aatif Patel (Leicester Electricity Sports CC)
- Lifetime Achiever – Richard Whateley-Knight (Leicestershire and Rutland ACO)
This year the winners have been invited to watch a match of their choice at Grace Road and have been given a leisure voucher which can be spent on some great days out. All those who nominated have also been invited to watch a match.
The 7 County winners have now been passed to the ECB who will consider them for the National Awards which will be presented at Lords Cricket Ground on Monday 22nd October. Congratulations goes out to all those nominated for their services to cricket and good luck to the winners who we hope will follow Dick Fowkes (Kegworth CC) and bring back a National Award again.