Leicestershire and Rutland clubs can apply for up to £4,000 following the launch of the ‘Get The Game On’ part of the 2019 ECB Small Grant Scheme.
Affiliated clubs have already been able to get their hands on £1,000 through the Cricket World Cup Fund, and they can now apply for up to £4,000 towards covers in association with ‘Get The Game On’.
Each County Cricket Board across the Country has been allocated a finite pot of money to help clubs improve their long-term sustainability by increasing the number of games played during the season.
This year clubs can apply for funding towards the purchase of the following:
• New mobile covers
• Flat sheet covers
• Bowlers run-up and / or side sheet covers
• Replacement cover tops
• Water removal equipment (only when combined with the purchase of covers)
As in previous years, clubs will be required to provide a minimum of 10% partnership funding towards the project cost. This is the difference between the project cost and the amount of award.
Key points for clubs to note:-
– Clubs must have a constitution, valid buildings, contents & public liability insurance and minimum one year security of tenure
– Clubs are required to submit two official ‘like for like’ quotations
– The grant cannot be used retrospectively (eg for items already purchased)
– The minimum grant is £1,000
– If clubs received funding for a Get the Game On project in 2018, they will ineligible for funding in 2019.
With the lower budget for 2019, the decision panel will be strategically prioritising a number of clubs for funding.
Please contact Andy Hibberd (Senior Club Network Officer) – email@example.com for an Application Form and Guidance Notes. Deadline for submission is 31st May.