Following on the from the huge success of last year (2017) we are delighted to say that we are once again offering schools the opportunity to attend the home the of Leicestershire Foxes. The day will run from 9:30 am– 2:30 pm (or earlier if you need to get back to school).
The day will still include some time in the classroom, a tour of the ground and a cricket session in our Indoor School. We will also tailor the day to meet the needs of your school and can modify the morning session accordingly. We have the following resources available:
· Curriculum based activities (literacy, numeracy etc.)
· Health and Well Being
· Added Values – behavioural and team work-based activities
In addition to last year each school that signs up for a classroom session will also receive 30 free child tickets (plus as many staff as the school need to bring) to attend a game here at The Fischer County Ground during the 2019 season and the cost for the Classroom session will be £125.00.
NEW FOR 2018/2019
The 2019 Cricket World Cup (CWC) is being held in England and Wales this summer and to celebrate this Leicestershire CCC have a fantastic opportunity to participate in our very own World Cup Competition. This is a limited offer to 10 schools to replicate the 10 teams taking part in the CWC and will be issued on a first come first served basis. The cost for this will be £250.00 per school and will include the following:
- Cricket World Cup themed classroom session here at FCG
- 30 free children’s tickets to domestic game during the 2019 season here at the FCG (plus as many staff as school need to bring)
- Cricket taster session to be held at your school
Entrance into a Mini “World Cup” tournament held here at the cricket ground on a non-match day that will consist of
- Each school to be allocated a team that is taking part in the World Cup
- Teams will consist of 10 players per team
- T-shirts will be provided for each player with the Country name that they are representing.
- Certificate of participation and medals/trophies for the winners
- Each school would get some Kwik cricket style kit for their school, so they can keep playing.
If you would like to discuss anything specific for your schools needs, please contact Stephen Franklin Indoor Centre Programmes Officer on 0116 2442198.
As part of our school delivery programmes we offer schools bespoke leadership training to up-skill young people who can then provide support during coaching sessions, competitions and festivals.
Full details of our leadership training package can be downloaded here: Young Leaders
As part of our leadership training we also look to identify those young people who show a real aptitude and appetite to develop themselves and support beyond the school environment. These young people are offered opportunities to attend an ECB Cricket Activators course which is an accredited course. For more information about the coach education pathway please click here