Secondary Schools – School Sports Clubs
Leicestershire County Cricket Club’s Community Team are delivering Cricket at Secondary Schools with a focus on extra-curricular delivery and training for sports leaders who can help to support the extra-curricular delivery. As part of the promotion of the club we can organise curriculum-time cricket sessions and to help develop sustainability we can deliver teacher training. Delivery is targeted at young people aged 11-16.
- Sports Clubs on school sites
- Before school, lunchtime or after school
- Flexible delivery and content to suit the needs of schools and students
- Designed to introduce students to the sports club environment
What is included in delivery?
Delivery can include but is not limited to:
- Coaching – Training indoors and outdoors, “soft ball” cricket, hardball cricket, recreational tapeball cricket, table cricket.
- Leadership training – Aimed at students who are already involved in cricket at a club, can include activator training, umpiring and scoring training.
- Access to tickets to Grace Road – Students and staff who are engaged in the SSC can access tickets to watch t20 cricket at Grace Road.
How is it funded?
The Leicestershire County Cricket Club Secondary school programme is funded through Chance to Shine investment. This means it is totally Free of Charge for secondary schools who want to offer opportunities in cricket for their students. All we ask from schools who sign up to the programme is their full support in working towards the aims for their students.
To enquire about our secondary school sports club programme please contact our Senior Cricket Development Officer Mark Barber
Young Leaders & Ambassadors
As part of the School Sports Club programme LCCC helps schools develop the leadership skills of their students.
Our Young Ambassadors programme is intended as an introduction to leadership for Primary school aged pupils. Responsibilities range from organising kit to scoring match to promoting the Spirit of Cricket message in their school.
The Young Leaders programme includes LCCC run courses in scoring and umpiring matches. Young leaders identified through this programme can then enter into the Vcricket volunteers programme and use these skills in competitions for younger pupils.
Full details of our leadership training package can be downloaded here: Leadership Offer