Aligning with Sport England’s award winning “This Girl Can” campaign, the ECB is encouraging cricket clubs up and down the country to be a part of a nationwide push to inspire more women (14+) to get into the game this summer and beyond!
Women’s cricket is constantly growing and increasing in popularity thanks largely to the success of the England women’s team on the field. However, research has shown that the “traditional cricket offer”, consisting of longer 40-50 over versions of the game, played in whites and with a hard ball is not always appealing to women who are new to the game.
By registering your club to be a part of the ECB’s “This Girl Can” offer, you will be able to access bespoke guidance and resources to help you to engage with women who are new to cricket, including:
- An activation pack to support you in developing the right sort of cricket activity and to make sure your club environment is welcoming to new female members.
- Marketing materials and suggestions to help you to promote your new women’s cricket activity.
- Merchandise and equipment offers to deliver your women’s sessions.
- Access to a network of other likeminded clubs who are engaged with developing more opportunities for women.
- Activator courses and specialist workshops specifically around coaching women and girls.
Nearly 5,500 registered cricket clubs exist across England and Wales and we hope that as many of them as possible will look to enhance their membership and join the “This Girl Can… Play Cricket!” movement – everyone’s invited!
To register your club today – click here.