2015 saw the national launch of the NatWest U19 Club T20 – an initiative designed for young players to keep them, and their friends, enjoying cricket. With over 450 clubs taking part, wearing coloured kit, playing music and smashing a pink ball around, the impact was huge:
- 97% of ‘at risk’ players said they were now more likely to continue playing next year.
- 2 in 3 clubs saw players returning to play.
- 75% of players also became ‘volunteers’ to help set up matches.
Sixteen teams from Leicestershire & Rutland competed in the 2015 competition, with a grand finals day taking place at Grace Road. For more information about the 2015 competition please click here.
Players and clubs participating in 2015 provided feedback and the results of the Survey can be found in the survey below;
File Download: 2015 Survey results
We want to build upon this success and make 2016 bigger and better. Participating clubs can expect the following:
- Free training for volunteers.
- Access to discounted T20 kit.
- Support package from ECB – including Activation Pack, player statistics package and interaction on social media.
- Pink U19T20 balls.
- 4 – 6 U19T20 fixtures, leading to a county finals day.
So if your club would benefit from more players and more volunteers by being a part of the NatWest U19 Club T20 competition in 2016 than express your clubs interest by clicking here