Coaching is an enormously rewarding, challenging and crucial role in cricket.
The ECB Support Coach programme is the assistant coach provision for cricket coaching in England and Wales.
This programme is part of a strategic response to needing more support (assistant) coaches on the ground able to inspire and develop players. The programme makes becoming a coach much more accessible in terms of time commitment and cost.
ECB Support Coach will replace the current Coach Support Worker provision.
This programme has been designed to give learners the knowledge, skills and confidence to support qualified coaches. An ECB Support Coach is not qualified to lead coaching sessions independently and therefore must be supervised by a qualified cricket coach.
Click Here for a module by module guide.
- Supporting coaches and players
- Communicating with coaches and players
- Supporting fielding, bowling and batting
Who is it for?
Anyone aged 16 and over wishing to support qualified coaches, inspire players and make a difference to the game.
• £40.00 (FREE until September 2021) • 1 face-to-face module lasting 3 hours • 2 bitesize e-learning modules lasting 10-15 minutes each • Multiple choice question assessment.
Pre-requisites for certification
- Valid safeguarding training e.g. Safeguarding Young Cricketers
- Valid ECB DBS.
For more information please contact Neil Partridge