Sports Organisation Support – Covid-19 Fund
- Aims to deliver immediate funding to those organisations most in need
- Eligible organisations include community sports clubs, charities, community interest companies, sole traders, micro businesses and voluntary organisations who deliver sport and physical activity opportunities
- Funding for between £300 and £3,000
- It’s specifically targeted at organisations delivering in the sport and physical activity sector, who have a role in supporting the communities of Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland to be active but who are experiencing short term financial hardship or the ceasing of operations due to the ongoing impact of coronavirus
- This fund is designed to complement other sources of funding from the government, such as funds targeted at small businesses, the self-employed, the Sport England Emergency Fund and funding available from some National Governing Bodies of Sport
- Support for fixed costs which are no longer supported by revenue as a result of Covid-19. Such as rent, facility hire, insurances, critical maintenance costs
- Retrospective losses from 1st March – 30th June 2020
- Application questions – Your organisation, The role you play, Financial Need and Impact of not receiving funding.
Link to Leicestershire and Rutland Sport website – Click Here
|To support the Grants and Loan Schemes which were launched last week, we are delighted to share with you an update in relation to our crowdfunding initiative with Spacehive. Whilst historically, the Spacehive initiative was only available to Dynamos Cricket clubs, we have now opened this to all clubs and will be providing all clubs who raise £100 towards supporting with COVID-19 activities with a further £100.
How it works:
Clubs already using Spacehive:
You can either continue with your existing campaign and ring fence the funds for the Dynmaos Cricket programme when it happens, or you can start a new campaign around supporting the club during the COVID-19 crisis. The ECB can only pledge £100 to your centre once, either to the Dynamos Cricket campaign or the COVID-19 campaign.